Difference between revisions of "Talk:Main Page"
m (→Building Stuff)
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
* Water Rockets
* Water Rockets
Latest revision as of 15:29, 21 March 2010
Ideas for eth0
Here we can post and discuss ideas for the july event
- VOIP Network for all visitors including a number list on the intranet. Guests can either use a softphone or a hardphone to communicate.
- why not ask eventphone.de to come set it up? DECT ftw :) - we're problably too late now and they cost... maybe in 2009? - @ ccc, we had a landline into our vilage. This could be a quite cheap and fun solution. cable distance shouldn't be a problem. - check Service:Phone
- Wireless Mesh network
- Familyvillage with kindergarten (like WTH and CCC)
- Campshop with general camping supplies
- IT/Game market
- I've asked around, but no company thought of it as interesting so for now no IT/Game market [--isACK 19:22, 17 February 2008 (CET)]
- Atheist village for people who couldn't care less about the os of choice. (as long as it fits the purpose)
- Atheist? I think you mean "agnostic". Atheists are sure there is no god, agnostics say you cannot be sure what is best (be it god, OS or BOFH) - While some people treat OS'ses as god, it can be seen as atheist imho - certainly, but "atheist" means certainty there is no god. The computing equivalent would be certainty there is no OS. That makes no sense at all. Agnostic however exactly covers what you are trying to say: that one cannot say one particular OS is best. - Somewhat Atheist is correct, an atheist denies there a a need of choice for an specific OS. [--Zircon 23:07, 14 January 2008 (CET)Zircon] - I suggest looking into a dictionary. An atheist denies the existence of God (or in this case OS). Denying the need to choose a God/OS because divinitiy is in principle present in all is more characteristic of the Hindu concept of Godhead. Note that such matters of definition *are* relevant here as there are many geeks who are also explicitly atheist (as a religious conviction, or lack thereof) and can be quite touchy about misrepresentation of what atheism is about [--dion_b 11:43, 22 January 2008 (CET)dion_b]
- somewhere i can see a lecture in here about computing, culture and theologie ;-) nice to have sparked this --Bee 13:03, 17 January 2008 (CET)
- Put an addition to the ticket for only a few euro's per day (lower than the normal price) to have a daymeal
- There is a ticket for a few euro's extra per day wich gives you the right to have food from the kitchen every day.
- Swapping tent for 'ye olde' hardware (dump and/or pickup)
Moved to the market place section.
- A bar/hackcenter in a big tent like there was on Megabit.
Entertainment on field?
I'm active in the PA/stage/audiovisual industry, and I'm wondering if we are having some entertainment (music, band, DJ) on the field as well. I'd like a good background music when working/playing/tinkering, and a field PA can also come in handy when we have messages that are relevant to all event visitors.
Stoney3K 16:46, 4 February 2008 (CET)
I'm a starting VJ with a nice team of 4 ppl , probably one other teammember will be joining me to eth0.
I tried to get the organisation warm for bringing a 15kw soundsystem with some live performances, but they where worried that it shouldn't be too big ;)
Current idea, i think, is going into the megabit direction, one big tent with bar, music, small dancefloor and some couches or something. This could easily be extended to allow audiovisual stuff, and other performances. I'm sure we can work a lot of stuff out :)
In my opinion lanparties are always parties first, lan later :)
--BuZz 15:37, 8 February 2008 (CET)
Sounds good enough. I think we have enough people capable of building up AV equipment for a performance. Personally, I think 15kW WILL be a bit overkill, I was thinking more along the lines of 2x3kW with plenty of headroom. Dancefloor/lounge area/bar/performance area seems to be a very good idea. I also got stuff like lights, scanners and a laser :) Stoney3K 20:34, 31 March 2008 (CEST)
One other suggestion that might be a good one: Have a few LCD screens in public areas for announcements, like they did on Campzone last year. Stoney3K 20:34, 31 March 2008 (CEST)
Maybe some people can bring tools and leftover parts and we can build some entertaining things like:
- Water Rockets