Eth0:2012 Winter Workshops
- 1 Friday
- 2 Saturday
- 2.1 12:30 - 13;30 - Brainsmoke: Binary exploitation by example Protecting buggy binaries with practical taint tracking
- 2.2 13:30 - 14:00 - Noms
- 2.3 14:00 - 15:00 - Censorship & Surveillance and how to counter it.
- 2.4 15:00 - 16:00 - Hackerspaces bestuur meetings
- 2.5 16:00 - 16:50 - qkoorts map, mashing up public information and the internet
- 2.6 17:00 - 18:00 - SA007 - Slimme energiemeters
- 2.7 18:00 - 19:30 - Supper noms
- 2.8 19:30 - 20:30 - Brenno de winter: Van privacybescherming hebben we in Nederland nog nooit gehoord
- 2.9 20:30 - 22:00 - Attilla, Monitoring 100k values with Zabbix
- 2.10 22:00 - 00:00 - Hackathon, web radio by Koen Martens
- 3 Sunday
18:00 - Event opens
- Time to get in, pick a room, drop your gear and mingle with your friends
18:30 - Hello everyone
- the board opens the event, and explains the rules, program and welcomes everyone
20:00 - 21:00 - Noms / Dinner
- Dinner is served, If you happen to have some free time on your hands, why don't you come help is out in the kitchen during preparations or washing up.
21:00 - 22:30 - Spacenet federated hackerspace wifi
- Wilco (SYNNACK) and AK47 will present their hackerspaces wifi project: Spacenet
- Spacenet is a federated authentication system for secure roaming (wireless) network access across hackerspaces and community events. More info @ http://spacefed.net/
12:30 - 13;30 - Brainsmoke: Binary exploitation by example Protecting buggy binaries with practical taint tracking
- Brainsmoke will tell us about how binaries can be exploited, and how one could protect buggy binaries with practical taint tracking. Some light will also be shed on His thesis project in which he created such a protection system.
13:30 - 14:00 - Noms
14:00 - 15:00 - Censorship & Surveillance and how to counter it.
In early 2011 we saw a giant revolution took place in North Africa, the arab spring, some are now free of dictators, others are still busy to fight the oppressors. The dictator doesn't want to let chaos spread and censors the media and the internet, it's 2012 after all... Wikileaks released the Spyfiles in late 2011, flyers and video which have been obtained at various conferences like IIS World, what goes on in that world? What can we learn from these events and how can be secure ourselves and others in anti-forensics?
15:00 - 16:00 - Hackerspaces bestuur meetings
- Boardmembers from various hackerspaces have decided to use eth0 as a meeting place to organize a hackerspaces wide discussion on what those hackerspaces are about, and what to do with the HSNL platform.
16:00 - 16:50 - qkoorts map, mashing up public information and the internet
- Stefan de Konink will show how he uses public information to create projects like: OpenKVK, OpenOV, and qkoortskaart.nl By using publicly available information and various open api's he creates usefull websites who usually work better than the original websites.
17:00 - 18:00 - SA007 - Slimme energiemeters
- Wat voor technologie zit erin, wat kunnen ze en hoe goed zit de beveiliging in elkaar. Welke ingangspunten voor hacking zijn er en wat kunnen hiervan de gevolgen zijn.
18:00 - 19:30 - Supper noms
- Again, noms. and Again, we need all the help we can get preparing this, and cleaning up after.
19:30 - 20:30 - Brenno de winter: Van privacybescherming hebben we in Nederland nog nooit gehoord
- Brenno zal uitleggen waarom we in Nederland nog een boel te doen hebben om privacy goed te beschermen.
20:30 - 22:00 - Attilla, Monitoring 100k values with Zabbix
- Attilla will show us how he is monitoring 100k values in zabbix at one of the internet's busiest intersections. The talk will include some basics on zabbix, as well as some basics on large scale monitoring.
22:00 - 00:00 - Hackathon, web radio by Koen Martens
- For a headstart see: https://github.com/sonologic/YaY
13:00 - 14:00 - Noms / dinner
14:00 - 15:00 - Mark van Cuijk, Limesco on open internet on mobile phones
- Mark van Cuijk, of Limesco will explain to us what they think of open internet on mobile devices, and how they intend to make this a possibility for their users.
15:00 - 15:30 - Frack: Twiterboom, electronica
- What hardware was designed and built for the twitterboom.nl xmas tree, how does a hackerspace manage to get everything involved in such a project done in just 2 weeks? Danny will tell us about the hardware details.
15:30 - 16:15 - Frack: Twitterboom, software
- Elmer de Looff and Lijnenspel will show us what software was designed, build and finetuned to run the website twitterboom.nl, and the python to usb api running the actual color changing code
16:30 - 17:30 - Creating gameengines in html5 using canvas
18:00 - Kthnx bye
- The board closes the event, thanks all volunteers, and asks those capable to help out during teardown of the event and cleanup of the building.