The idea is to have a self contained box that anyone can build, and change that can be setup on a field / in a building before anyone else comes in. Starts taking pictures trough any and all connected webcams/camera's and stores a timelapse on its storage media.
This box would stay online during the entire event and easily and without any extra steering needed create a nice timelapse video for every connected camera.
- open source only? so every conference / organisation can build one themselves
- Debian minimal + mplayer
- non exotic stuff
- laptop / atom / via mini-itx?
- ups / batteries for power?
- Ultra low power option?
- Wifi / lan uplink / rsync interface for an interface to see the timelapse/still image while the event is running
- Failbaitr has a spare via eden mini-itx board 800mhz + 256mb ram